Tutor & Marker | Fintech Future Commerce Course Instructor Vacancy
Tutor & Marker | Fintech Future Commerce Course Instructor
GetSmarter is currently looking for a subject matter expert in the Big Data space to teach and assess students on the presentation of a MIT recognised online short course entitled Big Data and Social Analytics.
- Good knowledge of, and passion for, the emerging Big Data space.
- Experience with iPython, Jupyter, Anaconda notebooks or similar.
- Skilled use of Python programming language and experience with Pandas, Numpy and similar.
- Ability to acquire proficiency to work with both the Bandicoot and Funf frameworks.
- Relevant industry experience (Finance, Telco, Healthcare, etc).
- Provide expert subject matter knowledge to the students throughout the presentation of the course.
- Moderating and driving engagement on the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Facilitate small group discussion forums.
- Marking a blanket percentage of weekly assessments.
- Assisting in remediation strategies.
- Ensure alignment with the relevant knowledge collaborator.
- Play a key role in reviewing of course material and delivery.
- M.Sc or similar in Quantitive Science.
- Experience as a Research Analyst.
- Programming experience.
- Social Science exposure will be advantageous.
Job specific competencies
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good stress-management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Great facilitation skills.
- Mentor qualities.
- Must have a passion for education.
- Communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Business acumen.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Mid
Type: Contract (2 months long, 3 days per week)
Reports to: Academic Staff Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible