Head of Evaluations Vacancy
Head of Evaluations
The Head of Evaluations is responsible for overseeing the evaluations phase of the ADDIE model as a function within the Learning Design team. This includes the execution of annual evaluation reports as well as oversight of the evaluation process and all stakeholders involved in this process. The role is a vital one in maintaining GetSmarter’s total quality assurance loop.
As an extension of the quality assurance function, the Head of Evaluations is also responsible for overseeing the proofing and editing function within the Learning Design team.
- Oversee and maintain the evaluation process within the Learning Design team.
- Oversee the proofing and editing function within the Learning Design team.
- Demonstrate thought leadership as it relates to quality assurance of online courseware and the evaluation of learning materials.
- Prepare and disseminate evaluation reports.
- Recommend revisions to instructional content and delivery based on evaluation data.
- Provide direct management to the Course Evaluators, Course Evaluation Specialist, and Editor within the Learning Design team.
- Act as a central point of contact for Head Tutors regarding any presentation or review queries, as needed.
- Provide operational input as it relates to the scheduling of evaluations and the interdepartmental touch points in the evaluation process.
- Identify evaluation trends and feed these into the Learning Design function to improve the analysis, design and development of future courseware.
- Liaise with the Learning Analytics team to further investigate trends in GetSmarter’s online course delivery.
- Contribute to knowledge production as it relates to learnings that stem from the Evaluation function.
- A University degree in Education, English, Linguistics, Journalism or Organisational Psychology is preferred.
- Experience in Learning Design and educational materials development.
- Experience in educational quality assurance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including competence in using Mac programs and Microsoft Office (including Explorer, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- A high level of confidence, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Good work ethic.
Job specific competencies
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong initiative.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Mid
Type: Permanent, 40-hour working week, Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Learning Design Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible