Marker: MIT Fintech Future Commerce course Vacancy
Marker: MIT Fintech Future Commerce course
Please note: this is a part-time role and will only be required to work when students are required to submit assessments, tests, or pitches. When these submissions are made, a one-week turnaround is required, meaning that there may be periods of more intense workload.
- Mark and assess assignments, business plans and pitches on the MIT Fintech Future Commerce course.
- To support the project team and course tutors to understand, monitor and moderate student performance.
- To provide advice on specific areas of expertise / content / students.
- To provide additional ad hoc support where required.
- B.Com Finance / Accounting / Business. Post graduate degree preferred.
- 2-5 years working experience in banking, finance, payments, management consulting or related field.
- Experience working with Fintech and/or other progressive technologies.
- Experience working with start-ups / SMME’s, specific experience in the financial or high tech sector preferred.
- Ability to work part-time with periods of higher intensity work (weeks).
- Experience with tutoring and/or marking assignments in an academic environment.
Job specific competencies
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage one’s time / self-starter.
- Consistent attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good stress management and ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiasm, passion and a can-do attitude.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Mid
Type: Part-time 20 hours / week Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Programme Manager
Start Date: June 2016