Software Developer Vacancy
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities include developing, implementing and maintaining the suite of systems run at GetSmarter using innovative solutions and strategies.
- Develop new features for the existing systems to enhance the business value delivered to users.
- Maintain and improve the quality of the current code base to safeguard the architectural integrity of the system.
- Actively look for ways to reduce system complexity through smart process changes to streamline process for business users.
- Fix bugs or system errors as and when they arrive.
- Provide domain advice to business users to allow them to make more informed decisions.
- Remain informed on the latest technological trends and recommend implementation of new technologies and innovations where appropriate.
- Minimum of 1 years web development experience (Ruby on Rails preferred).
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- Experience in server infrastructure management (AWS).
- Experience in database design and maintenance (MySQL preferred).
Job specific competencies
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good stress management and ability to work under pressure.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Junior
Type: Permanent, 40-hour working week, Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Head of Value Projects
Start Date: As soon as possible