Online Facilitator / Tutor and Mentor: Short Course - Fintech Vacancy
Online Facilitator / Tutor and Mentor: Short Course - Fintech
Are you knowledgeable and up-to-date with all the latest developments in the fintech space? Do you have experience with start-ups? Are you looking to work with a leading online education company that is pioneering the online education space? GetSmarter is currently looking for subject matter experts in fintech to teach and assess students on the presentation of a university recognised online short course entitled Fintech Future Commerce.
The mission of MIT is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. The Institute is committed to generating, disseminating, and preserving knowledge, and to working with others to bring this knowledge to bear on the world’s great challenges. MIT is dedicated to providing its students with an education that combines rigorous academic study and the excitement of discovery with the support and intellectual stimulation of a diverse campus community. We seek to develop in each member of the MIT community the ability and passion to work wisely, creatively, and effectively for the betterment of humankind. MIT EXperimental Learning have chosen to collaborate with GetSmarter, an online education company that works with the world’s leading universities to offer the highest quality, career-focused online short courses to working professionals around the world.
MIT Fintech Future Commerce
Fintech Future Commerce is a 12-week online class designed for those who want to experience and embrace the disruption fintech is bringing to the global economy. The course will focus on business strategy for fintech innovation, from the perspective of entrepreneurs and corporate-innovators. Designed for professionals, entrepreneurs and investors working or consulting within the financial, banking, and insurance sectors, this immersive online learning experience will empower you with the knowledge you need to develop strategic frameworks for creating business models, presenting an investment thesis, or proposing regulatory changes around
- Provide expert subject matter knowledge to your students throughout the presentation of the course.
- Moderating and driving engagement on the Virtual Learning Environment.
- Ensure alignment with the relevant knowledge partner.
- Play a key role in reviewing of course material and delivery.
Provide mentorship and guidance by
- Facilitating small group discussion forums.
- Marking weekly assessments.
- Assisting in remediation strategies.
- Start-up / Fintech / Financial Services or related experience is essential.
- Must have successfully completed a higher qualification in the field of expertise.
- Recent academic experience is a big plus either as a student or as a tutor.
Job specific competencies
- Good decision-making ability.
- Mentor qualities.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent stress management.
- Ability to adapt effectively to change.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Mid
Type: Part-time, 20-25- hour working week, Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Academic Staff Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible