Marketing / Content Strategist Vacancy
Marketing / Content Strategist
GetSmarter is seeking a Content Strategist to join the Marketing Department. This person is part magician, part wordsmith, and part marketing strategist.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who has been working within Content Production or Copywriting to step up and take on more of a strategic role in content production and strategic promotion, within one of South Africa’s best companies to work for. The successful applicant will work within a team of Content Strategists and Content Creators, lead by the Head of Content, to produce content in support of lead generation, lead nurturing and brand awareness marketing goals.
- Ideation, content creation and quality assurance: Championing the actual production of quality content, ensuring all content is brand-aligned, contextually relevant, and free of grammar or spelling errors.
- Creating insights-driven content: Working with the Consumer Insights Analyst to understand product audience intimately, and ensuring the right message is created for the right person at the right time in their buying journey.
- Achieving marketing and business goals: Ensuring all content produced is aligned to marketing and business goals.
- Selecting the right resources, and a strategic selection of content formats to product a consistent stream of content mapped to buyer needs across all phases of the buying cycle.
- Measuring and interpreting content performance: Managing, analysing and interpreting content assets and efforts with quantifiable ROI, with guidance from the Head of Content, and making recommendations for optimisation.
- Project and multi-task management: Contribute to the creation of the Quarterly Content Plans and manage the execution of planned and ad hoc content projects.
- Project manage multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, often on short timelines, with consideration for the holistic campaign.
- Thought leadership and mentorshop: Being an authority on content marketing and copywriting, inspiring the team, and leading best practice.
- Support the Head of Content in educating, leading and mentoring the content creation team on the content strategy.
- Maximising output and addressing inefficiencies: Work with the Operations team to manage workload consistently and effectively, and achieve production output targets on a weekly basis, without compromising on quality.
- Being a team player: Set an example of commitment to collaboration for other team members, doing so by communicating content ideas effectively while remaining receptive to ideas of others, seeking to include and respect other disciplines’ expertise.
- Being a brand and company ambassador: Act as a brand ambassador at all times, ensuring consistency across all content.
- Embracing the company values and working towards achieving our purpose of improving lives through better education.
Some of the projects you can expect to work on include:
- Crafting downloadable eBooks, infographics, articles, slideshares and more.
- Launching new course campaigns and associated content.
- Leading and executing on brand campaigns.
- Developing content plans and leading execution for regular efforts such as our weekly newsletter or promotional mailers.
- Owning content strategies and results for certain portfolios of work.
- Last minute marketing arrangements (print ads or display advertising as an example) on tight deadlines.
- A sound and thorough understanding of marketing, backed by experience working in Marketing, or a formal Marketing tertiary qualification (preferable).
- Exceptional copywriting abilities, and the ability to write on a wide variety of topics pertaining to skills development, career advancement, learning and course subject matter.
- The ability to execute FAST, under increasing amounts of pressure. Speed of execution, without compromising on quality, is essential in this role.
- A positive, can-do, solution-orientated attitude, coupled with the ability to handle large amounts of feedback.
- A desire and willingness to constantly learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
- A good sense of humor, and the desire to work within a high energy, highly creative team.
- Agility, resilience, adaptability, and a high tolerance for change.
Job specific competencies
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong initiative.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Mid
Type: Permanent, 40-hour working week, Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Brand Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible