Part-time Course Instructor Vacancy
Part-time Course Instructor
The primary function of an online tutor on the Post Graduate Diploma in Management in Marketing is to work with a diverse team of learning designers, graphic designers, marketers, video producers, course coaches and learning technologists in order to successfully design, develop and facilitate courses on the PGDip MM. Building strong relationships with UCT convenors, lecturers and administrators, as well as other external partners, is vital in this role. Courses you would work on include Introduction to Project Management and Managerial Information Systems. Work can take place remotely. The PGDip MM is an NQF level 8 qualification.
- Facilitating live workshops and tutorial discussion forums.
- Leading, moderating and/or assisting on the class-wide forums.
- Marking a blanket percentage of assessments.
- One meeting a week with the Head Tutor.
- Must have successfully completed introductory undergraduate courses in project management and information systems. Honours level degrees are preferable.
- Must possess good facilitation skills.
- Must have good writing skills.
- Should be computer literate.
- Should have exceptional interpersonal skills.
Job specific competencies
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Good stress management and ability to work under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to adapt effectively to change.
- Excellent communication skills.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Mid
- 40-hour working week
- Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Programme Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible