Technical Support Officer Vacancy
Technical Support Officer
The primary purpose of the position is to offer specialised technical support and assistance to the active students on the courses presented by GetSmarter. This will require an in-depth understanding of the technical functions of the Virtual Learning Website in order to help and guide a student in completing their online course. In addition, the Technical Support Officer will support the Head of Technical Support in the creation of technical assistance documents and assist in the general running of the Technical Support function.
- Provide effective technical support and communication in response to student queries.
- Draft and produce student assistance documentation and assistance resources.
- Proactively manage the use of data and metrics in measuring and driving an efficient workload.
- Continually seek ways to present better technical assistance and solve problems.
- Complete weekly structured and unstructured tasks or responsibilities assigned by the Head of Technical Support and Learner Performance Manager.
- Work closely with relevant Course Coaches to ensure operational efficiency.
- Assume responsibility for own productivity, remain up to date on company projects, and ensure that company and departmental objectives are met.
- Participate in continuous personal and team development training.
- Experience in technical support and customer service environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy, including competence in using Microsoft Office and web browsers.
- Ability to multitask and manage projects.
- Skill in organising time and establishing priorities.
- Attention to detail.
- A high level of confidence and professionalism.
- A willingness to learn, and to adapt to an ever-evolving environment.
- Ability to think on the spot and provide clear and logical solutions to problems.
- A passion to assist people and solve problems.
Job specific competencies
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Passion and a can-do attitude.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Junior
- 40-hour working week
- Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Head of Technical Support
Start Date: As soon as possible