Account Executive - Marketing Vacancy
Account Executive - Marketing
The Account Executive has a primary responsibility to ensure the smooth running and therefore, the performance of products/portfolios/Universities for the online courses that GetSmarter offers.
The candidate will work closely with internal stakeholders (various departments within GetSmarter) and external stakeholders (universities; accounting firms, suppliers and third parties) to ensure the smooth running and performance of business-to-business relationships. This will include efficient time, task and expectation management and will require the candidate to be comfortable with ambiguity. The candidate should be confident, an excellent facilitator and a strong negotiator.
- Create, implement and optimise marketing strategy to achieve lead targets for specific portfolio or university. (Plan and carry out marketing strategies to increase company sales, bring in new customers, and retain current customers).
- Liaise with external stakeholders to ensure alignment on scheduling and marketing collateral.
- Liaise with relevant departments and collaborate to create marketing collateral for various presentations of portfolio courses. (Actively manage program roadmaps and deliverables from concept to completion in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders/ Collaborate with design and content staff to ensure project is meeting consumer objectives and expectations).
- Work closely with business stakeholders to gather requirements, scope and project manage reporting portfolio development and sustainment efforts from concept to completion.
- Identify synergies across different portfolios/universities/courses, share best practices, drive consistency and cross-group collaboration.
- Act as subject matter expert with business stakeholders on internal data, technical processes and solution approaches.
- Manage and coordinate cross-functional activities across resources to ensure accountability, high performance and consistency across the entire portfolio.
- Manage clear and effective communication with business stakeholders.
- Analyse and identify current marketing strategies to identify opportunities of improvement to greater improve perfomance and number of students on the course.
- Handle the marketing budget and ensure funds are used effectively and efficiently.
- Support team staff adequately to accomplish service needs of client.
- Marketing experience, specialising in relationship or key account management. A sound and thorough understanding of marketing, backed by experience working in Marketing, or a formal Marketing tertiary qualification (preferable).
- Tertiary qualification and/or experience in the education industry
- Experience in dealing with external stakeholders and the ability to manage relationships well.
- The ability to execute FAST, under increasing amounts of pressure. Speed of execution, without compromising on quality, is essential in this role and the ability to sef-manage, self-direct with strong execution and project management abilities.
- Ability to think laterally and creatively, entrepreneurial and not afraid to fail.
- A positive, can-do, solution-orientated attitude, coupled with the ability to handle large amounts of feedback/ambiguity.
- A desire and willingness to constantly learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
- A good sense of humor, and the desire to work within a high energy, high performance team.
- Agility, resilience, adaptability, and a high tolerance for change.
- Understand data analysis within marketing and how this data can help make informed decisions.
Job specific competencies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with all stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills whilst maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills. (Effective verbal and written communication skills.)
- Adaptable self-starter who manages ambiguity well with a solution-orientated focus/approach
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to successfully multi task by managing multi-integrated campaigns simultaneously.
- Adaptable self-starter with the ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Ability to manage one’s time. Ability to effectively work as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm, passion and a can‐do attitude.
- Committed to continuous self-development and learning within the marketing field.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Junior- Mid
Type: Permanent; 40-hour working week; Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Lead Product Marketing Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible