Community Manager Vacancy
Here at GS, our Community Manager (CM) is the owner of our portfolio of social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and others) and we need them to use these channels in the following ways:
Community Management: 40%
- Publish all content across the spectrum accurately and effectively.
- Monitor and manage customer interactions timeously.
- Resolve customer queries by liaising with relevant stakeholders in the business.
- Devise light reports based on the most important social metrics.
- Track competitors and keep close tabs on how our data stacks up to theirs.
- Ensure that observations and data is constantly being fed back into our strategy.
Listening and monitoring: 30%
- Keeping tabs on relevant conversations across the broader social web.
- Being aware of possible partnership opportunities for the brand (influencers for example).
- Keeping an eye out for tactical opportunities that we could leverage.
Content creation: 10%
- Maintain a calendar of tactical opportunities that could inform our content efforts.
- Willing to attend brand events wherever necessary so as to create content.
- Ability to always see the social content potential in seemingly every day events.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field (journalism, marketing, communications).
- 0 – 1 years social media experience (writing or managing a community for a brand/business).
- Familiarity with social and/or listening tools.
- A proven presence on social media channels.
- Familiarity with the ability and functionality of social media channels.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
- Writing competence (include blogging etc).
- Influencer engagement/management experience would be a plus.
- Familiarity with the constantly evolving world of social media.
Job specific competencies
- Ambitious and a hunger to grow personally and professionally.
- People skills, an appreciation for relationships and a team player.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work autonomously.
- A positive outlook.
- A thirst for knowledge.
- Great time manager.
- Creative flair.
- Big picture thinking.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organisation skills.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Junior
Type: Contract/Permanent 40-hour working week Overtime and after hours may be required
Reports to: Head of Social and CRM
Start Date: As soon as possible