Front desk and Operations Intern Vacancy
Front desk and Operations Intern
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing specific receptionist duties specifically aimed at maintaining a professional and friendly atmosphere within the reception area as well as general administrative duties to assist in managing supply and demand of office facilities.
- Answer all calls at the switchboard in a friendly and welcoming manner and transfer them to the relevant team members.
- Take messages from calls as well as guests that arrive at the offices and ensuring that team members receive the message with all the correct information.
- Ensure all guests are seated and have been offered a beverage before all meetings
- Ensuring the front desk area is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Responsible for receiving and distributing any parcel deliveries
- Greet guests on their arrival and ensure that they are comfortable while they wait; and direct guests to the relevant team member.
- Assist with general office administration, which includes but is not limited to ordering stationery and ensuring that par levels are maintained.
- Ensure that the telephonic system is in excellent working order and report any irregularities.
- Maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere within the front desk area.
- Assist with administration functions such as electronic file management, calendar
- events and email communication.
- Assist with the maintenance and administration of the divisions project management system.
- Assist with the maintenance of divisional spreadsheets and documentation (MS
- Excel and Word).
- Assist with the administration functions of the various departments by supporting the Operations Manager and team.
- Record and enter communication and information into relevant documentation
- and inform stakeholders as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Assume ownership for performing division-specific responsibilities.
- Provide detailed feedback, on all relevant topics, to the Operations Manager.
- Strong spoken and written English.
- Attention to detail.
- Skill in organising time and establishing priorities.
- Computer literacy, including competence in using programs such as a web browser, Word, and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous reception experience preferable.
- A willingness to learn and work as part of a team.
- The ability to take initiative and think outside the box.
Job specific competencies
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Team player.
- Dedication to quality and service.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Passion and a 'can-do' attitude.
Remuneration: Negotiable depending on experience
Job level: Junior
Type: Permanent 40-hour working week Overtime, afterhours and shift work may be required at times
Reports to: Central Ops Manager and team
Start Date: As soon as possible