||30 August 2013
||9 September 2013
7 hours per week
More about our flexible payment options
The course in a nutshell:
- 10-week part-time course presented online throughout South Africa
- Get ahead by learning to use these tools like the professionals: Google, Skype, Wikipedia, Google Earth, Facebook, Twitter, PayPal, eBay, Ustream, Mozy, blogs, mobile technology and many more
- Ideal for novice and intermediate internet users
- Highly practical, with 10 assignments completed during the course to achieve strong learning outcomes
Module 1 Understanding the internet
Module 2 Using web browsers and search engines
Module 3 Communicating online
Module 4 Researching online
Module 5 Managing information
Module 6 Staying safe and transacting online
Module 7 Social networking
Module 8 Browsing the web on your cellphone
Module 9 Publishing yourself
Module 10 Your future as an internet super-user
Who should attend this course?
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their understanding of the internet and its tools. More specifically, the course is suited to novice and intermediate internet users.
- "Novice" users are people who have a basic familiarity with computers, but have had limited experience using the internet.
- "Intermediate" users are people who use email and a web browser on a daily basis, and want to expand their use of the internet by discovering a comprehensive range of internet tools and the best ways to use them.
For further details on learning outcomes, see the "Course module description" section in the information pack.
For more details, please contact:
Contact person: Anique
Telephone: +27 (0)21 447 7565
You may also be interested in:
- UCT Internet Marketing short course
- UCT Professional Communication and Office Management short course
- UCT Basics of Financial Management short course