||28 February 2014
||10 March 2014
7 hours per week
More about our flexible payment options
Read what our past students say
- 10-week part-time short course presented online throughout South Africa
- Learn to use your digital SLR camera to its full potential and take better photographs
- Deepen your photography skills and learn to shoot in full manual mode
- Become part of an online photography community and share work, photographs and ideas while being guided by experts
- Upon successful completion of the UCT Digital Photography short course, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion, approved by the University of Cape Town
Module 1 Getting to know your camera
Module 2 Aperture
Module 3 Shutter speed
Module 4 ISO
Module 5 How your camera understands light
Module 6 How to make use of your flash
Module 7 Composition
Module 8 Portraits
Module 9 Landscape
Module 10 Basic photo editing techniques
Who should attend this course?
The course is suited to both prospective photographers, who are unfamiliar with their digital SLR cameras, and current photographers who are not yet shooting in full manual mode or who want to refresh and deepen their photography skills. Students may use any type of digital SLR camera.
For more details, please contact:
Contact person: Kerry
Telephone: +27 (0)21 447 7565
What is a DSLR camera?
stands for “digital single-lens reflex”. It is a bit more advanced
than a simple point-and-click camera, and has the following identifiable
- It resembles a 35mm camera.
- The ISO, aperture and shutter speed can be put into full manual mode and controlled simultaneously (check your manual).
- A DSLR has interchangeable lenses which allows for a greater variety of results.
You may also be interested in:
- UCT Photoshop short course
- UCT Internet Marketing short course
- UCT Feature Writing short course