Why this course?
In a world where Facebook has over a billion users, over 400 million tweets are sent per day, and two new members join LinkedIn every second, social media is changing the face of marketing as we know it. As social media continues to become more integrated into our personal and professional lives, careers and business growth opportunities in the field will see further expansion this year.
This highly practical 9-week short course will give you a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the most prominent social media platforms and how these can be established and used for marketing, community building, and online reputation management.
Is this course for you?
- Do you currently work in marketing and want to expand or update your social media knowledge to advance your career.
- Are you a business owner and want to reach a wider audience, and build a loyal community of followers for your brand.
- Would you like to explore a brand new career in social media, as it offers opportunities for a flexible and autonomous work schedule.
Watch this short video featuring past learner, Debbie Visser, to find out how this course is helping her marketing career and her own business.
What you will learn
- Orientation module Welcome to your Virtual Learning Environment
- Module 1 Positioning your brand on social media
- Module 2 Managing and growing your Facebook community
- Module 3 Building a following on Twitter
- Module 4 Leveraging LinkedIn and Google+
- Module 5 Marketing with Pinterest and social bookmarking
- Module 6 Using YouTube, Instagram and understanding mobile
- Module 7 Blogging for community engagement and search
- Module 8 Managing and measuring your online reputation
- Module 9 Integrating social media into your marketing strategy
Your success team
CARLA VAN STADEN
Digital Marketing Specialist
Carla van Staden is an experienced marketer and a passionate teacher, having worked in a traditional publishing house and an online marketing agency for a few years before deciding to start her own agency, Twenty3Media, in 2010. Through Twenty3Media, she’s worked with clients from a number of industries, providing them with marketing assistance and consultation; as well as strategy design and implementation – across both online and offline media.
Here's how we've improved lives through better education
“The course assisted me a lot from knowing which platforms I should use to achieve the best results, how to run successful campaigns using social media and how to monitor our online presence.”