UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN
Project Management Foundations online short course
Why this course?
Are you working on projects that depend on effective and efficient management to succeed, but lacking an education in formal project management principles? This online short course will expose you to the latest, most effective project management tools and techniques you need to own your role with confidence.
|GetSmarter has been approved by PMI as a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P).|
- Understand the value and impact of successful projects and why so many businesses are adopting a projectised approach
- Understand the three most common project constraints: time, money and quality
- Learn how to balance a project at project level, business case level and enterprise level
- Learn how to select and build a high-performance cohesive project team to ensure a successful project
- Apply lean principles to projects
- Apply this transferable skill set to your everyday work; whether you’re planning a marketing campaign, creating a new product, leading a team, or planning an event - the ability to strategically manage projects is crucial to achieving better outcomes.
What you will learn
- Orientation module Welcome to your Virtual Learning Environment
- Module 1 Introduction to project management
- Module 2 Initiating a project and identifying stakeholders
- Module 3 Risk management
- Module 4 Work breakdown structure
- Module 5 Realistic scheduling and accurate estimating
- Module 6 Understanding cost, schedule and quality
- Module 7 Selecting a project team
- Module 8 Clear communication among project stakeholders
- Module 9 Measuring progress and solving common project problems
- Module 10 Advancing your practice of project management
Your success team
Skills Development Coach
Patrick, is an experienced leadership and management consultant, facilitator and coach with qualifications in industrial psychology, and an extensive background in all aspects of business management and development, including supply chain, business logistics and project management.
KYLE DE FREITAS
Project Management Specialist
Kyle is an experienced lecturer, facilitator and assessor with qualifications in Mechanical Engineering and Project Management. He has conducted numerous corporate training and development programmes in Project Management for both local and national government entities. Kyle is highly knowledgeable in the domain of internationally-recognised project management standards and holds several certifications in this area. Notably, he is certified with, and a member of, the Project Management Institute (PMI), and is also a PRINCE2 Practitioner and Approved Trainer.
Here's how we've improved lives through better education
“I have written several of my assignments while travelling, on a ship, in the UK, in an airport, hotel, etc. It doesn’t matter where you are you can access the online learning wherever you are, and whatever time you feel like it.”
Take the readiness test
This Readiness Test will help you assess your preparedness for this course by asking you a few quick questions relating to time management, technological requirements, your expectations, and the subject matter level - to help you confirm that this online course is the right fit for you.Take the test