Receive a certificate of completion upon successfully completing the course.
This 10-week online short course has been specially designed to offer an overview into occupational health and safety practices that can be applied to any business environment. Learn the skills and knowledge needed to ensure workplace compliance with the South African Occupational Health and Safety Act, and leave the course with the skills to effectively implement best practices for health and safety that are legally compliant and applicable to any workplace.
Is this course the right fit for you?
The UCT Occupational Health and Safety online short course is a good fit for you if:
- You want to formalise your skills and knowledge in the field with the long term view of potentially becoming a Health and Safety Consultant
- You want to take on additional responsibilities in your current role, and have identified Occupational Health and Safety as the area to do so
- You want a working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety that can be applied to any work environment
- You want to be equipped with the skills and broad knowledge of OHS best practice in the workplace
- You want to familiarise yourself with South African legislation and regulations related to Occupational Health and Safety
What you will learn?
||Welcome to your Virtual Learning Environment
||Organisation for health and safety management
||Risk assessment and control
||Managing machinery, equipment and power sources
||Managing health stressors and training
||Managing construction activities and incidents
||Emergency prevention, preparedness and response
||Laws and standards governing health and safety management
Confirm this course is right for you
This Readiness Test will help you assess your preparedness for this course by asking you a few quick questions relating to time management, technological requirements, your expectations, and the subject matter level - to help you confirm that this online course is the right fit for you.