UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN
Import and Export Management online short course
Why this course?
Over the last two decades, the desire for businesses to move into the import and export arena has grown and changed drastically in response to world developments, economic changes, consumer demands and advances in technology. In completing this course, businesses or individuals will be able to exploit their knowledge of the trade arena, maximising their opportunities to reach untapped markets and greatly increasing the likelihood of success in their dealings.
This practical 11-week course will provide you with the working knowledge of all facets of import and export management in South Africa and abroad. It includes a broad overview of the global trade environment and South Africa’s international trade agreements, as well as a detailed focus on the documents needed for customs procedures.
Is this course for you?
This Import and Export Management short course is a great choice for you if you’re interested in furthering your knowledge and skills in the field of import and export management within the South African context; you’re a professional in the import and export industry, or responsible for the import or export component of a business; or you’re involved in International Trade. If any of your functions include import and export management; shipping management; sales within international markets; forwarding; buying and procurement; insurance; small business management; entrepreneurial ventures or marketing, this course will be highly beneficial.
What you will learn
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Global trade environment
- Module 2 Global monetary links
- Module 3 South Africa’s international trade
- Module 4 Cultural factors in international buying and selling
- Module 5 International marketing and sourcing
- Module 6 Financial risk management
- Module 7 International transport and the movement of goods
- Module 8 Incoterms®
- Module 9 Export costing and payment
- Module 10 Import and export documentation and legal procedures
- Module 11 Legal aspects of international trade and effective international agents and traders
Your success team
International Trade Expert
Ann has more than 30 years’ worth of experience in South Africa’s foreign trade sector as a consultant, trainer, conference speaker and university guest lecturer in international business development and management.
Here's how we've improved lives through better education
“Each module was specific and very well written, with no waffle to justify the volume of work to go through. The assignments were well thought out. The constant communication from other students through the discussion forum was great.”