Why this course?
The importance placed on design and visual thinking, as well as design software proficiency, as a skill for success in the 21st century workplace, makes graphic design a universally applicable skill.
This highly practical 10-week short course provides you with a comprehensive overview of the field of graphic design, and equips you with the core skills needed to execute basic design work in Adobe Illustrator. Develop practical design skills in visual literacy, typography, layout and composition that can be applied to both print and web media.
What you will learn
- Orientation module Welcome to your Virtual Learning Environment
- Module 1 What is Graphic Design?
- Module 2 Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
- Module 3 Understanding digital images
- Module 4 Visual communication
- Module 5 Layout and composition
- Module 6 Idea generation and research
- Module 7 Working with text (typography)
- Module 8 Designing for print
- Module 9 Creating designs for the web
- Module 10 The business of Graphic Design
Your success team
MASHA DU TOIT
Masha du Toit qualified in Fine Art, specialising in Bronze Casting, and later on, Information Technology. She has since written, illustrated and published two novels, and a collection of short stories. Currently, she shares her passion for the creative use of technology and applied design through teaching.
Here's how we've improved lives through better education
“I loved the fact that I learned so much! And what I learned was really valuable and central to my career.”
Take the readiness test
This Readiness Test will help you assess your preparedness for this course by asking you a few quick questions relating to time management, technological requirements, your expectations, and the subject matter level - to help you confirm that this online course is the right fit for you.Take the test