UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN
Digital Marketing online short course
Why this course?
In today’s information age, it’s no longer merely beneficial to maintain a healthy brand image in the digital space - it’s a necessity.
The UCT Digital Marketing short course is designed to give individuals the relevant skills, knowledge and expertise necessary to design and implement an effective, integrated digital marketing strategy, giving our learners the best chance to win the war for attention for their respective clients and/or businesses. By delivering the course online and part time we are able to offer our students practical and immediately applicable knowledge, backed by Africa’s leading university, in a format that allows them the flexibility to continue with their current workload and lifestyle.
This highly practical 10-week online course will equip you with the practical skills and experience to confidently design and implement an effective integrated digital marketing strategy, including:
- Setting up an effective WordPress website
- Constructing an email newsletter
- Social Media Marketing using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Brand management in the online space
- Measuring and interpreting website data using Google Analytics
- Online copywriting and PR
This course is designed to help you develop a holistic digital marketing skill set to guide your strategy, or advance your career.
Is this course for you?
This course is a good fit if you want to:
- Understand the digital marketing environment to take on new responsibilities in your role?
- Contribute towards the marketing success of your company?
- Break into the field of digital marketing or specialize your general marketing skill set?
- Understand digital marketing best practices to better perform in a related position?
- Give yourself a competitive edge in the job market?
- Formalise your already existing digital marketing experience with a course recognised by UCT?
- Learn how to market your business online?
What you will learn
- Orientation module Welcome to your Virtual Learning Environment
- Module 1 Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Module 2 Website design and development
- Module 3 Web analytics
- Module 4 Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Module 5 Online copywriting
- Module 6 Online advertising and PPC
- Module 7 Social media and web PR
- Module 8 Email marketing
- Module 9 Mobile marketing
- Module 10 Digital marketing strategy
Your success team
CARLA VAN STADEN
Digital Marketing Specialist
Carla van Staden is an experienced marketer and a passionate teacher, having worked in a traditional publishing house and an online marketing agency for a few years before deciding to start her own agency, Twenty3Media, in 2010. Through Twenty3Media, she’s worked with clients from a number of industries, providing them with marketing assistance and consultation; as well as strategy design and implementation – across both online and offline media.
Here's how we've improved lives through better education
“The UCT Digital Marketing online course will give you a good foundation to help you grow and develop your career. It is very informative and well structured, and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.”
Take the readiness test
This Readiness Test will help you assess your preparedness for this course by asking you a few quick questions relating to time management, technological requirements, your expectations, and the subject matter level - to help you confirm that this online course is the right fit for you.Take the test