Why this course?
The success of any organisation, whether in the public or private sector, relies on strong financial management and suitably skilled accounting staff. This need, coupled with the current shortage of suitably skilled individuals at the accounting technician level, makes this area ripe with career opportunities.
This highly practical 9-week short course provides you with the practical knowledge and skills you need to fulfill a supporting role within the accounts department of any company or organisation. Start or advance your career in finance by developing the practical skills needed to confidently control and manage the important finance-related aspects of any business.
What you will learn
- Module 1 The fundamentals of accounting - part 1
- Module 2 The fundamentals of accounting - part 2
- Module 3 Drafting financial statements - part 1
- Module 4 Drafting financial statements - part 2
- Module 5 Drafting budgets
- Module 6 Measuring and evaluating financial performance
- Module 7 Internal control and accounting systems
- Module 8 Business tax
- Module 9 Credit management and control
Your success team
CA; Management Accounting Specialist
Following her Bachelor of Business Science (Hons) in Finance and Accounting, as well as a Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, Maria earned her auditing stripes at Ernst and Young. She cites qualifying as a CA and climbing Mount Kilimanjaro as her two greatest achievements to date, and is passionate about increasing business, and specifically financial, literacy in South Africa.
Here's how we've improved lives through better education
“It is so easy to study with GetSmarter. It’s convenient and I could access your website from anywhere. When traveling, I used my iPad to read notes and study.”