||16 August 2013
||26 August 2013
7 hours per week
More about our flexible payment options
The course in a nutshell:
- 10-week part-time course presented online throughout South Africa
- Learn all aspects of running a successful guest house, from business basics to marketing and managing your physical property
- Continuous assistance, monitoring and guidance is provided by the Course Convener and Course Coordinator
- Results in a Certificate in Guest House Management from the University of Cape Town
Module 1 Understanding the tourism industry
Module 2 Planning stages
Module 3 Financial management
Module 4 Legal requirements
Module 5 The physical guest house
Module 6 Communication and customer service
Module 7 General management
Module 8 Day-to-day operations
Module 9 Understanding marketing
Module 10 Website planning and eMarketing
Who should attend this course?
This course has been designed for both current and prospective owners and managers of guest houses, backpackers, boutique hotels, self-catering and bed & breakfast establishments.
- Prospective owners will benefit from the essential practical knowledge required for both planning and establishing a guest house.
- Existing managers will benefit from the in-depth knowledge on industry best practices and requirements in marketing, law, service, administration, operation and management.
For more details, please contact:
Contact person: Nazley
Telephone: +27 (0)21 447 7565
You may also be interested in:
- UCT Internet Marketing short course
- UCT Bookkeeping short course
- UCT Tourism Management short course